Webhosting and reseller packages come with Directadmin (hosting control panel) and Installatron. Installatron is part of Directadmin, allowing you to install a website script in a few mouse clicks, without any technical knowledge.
Before you are able to install a script you must make sure that the domain on which you wish to install the website is linked to your webhosting package and the domain via your internet browser shows a default page with the text "Welcome to the home of yourdomainname.uk". If this is the case, you can proceed installing the desired application.
Installing an application:
In this example, we'll explain how to perform a Wordpress install on a domain name. You can also consult this instruction when you wish to install Joomla, Magento and many other applications for instance, since the following steps are virtually identical.
1. Login to the hosting control panel Directadmin. (Click here if you don't remember your login details)
2. Click on your domain name if you have linked multiple domain names to this hosting package. If you have 1 domain, you'll be taken directly to the main page of Directadmin and you can skip this step.
3. At the bottom of the page, you'll find the 'Web Applications' of Installatron. Click ‘View more’ next to 'Featured applications'.
4. This list contains all applications you can install. Click ‘Wordpress’.
5. Click ‘Install this application’ to install Wordpress.
6. You can now configure your installation. You'll see the following:
Depending on the application you chose, the settings of the installation may differ. For Wordpress, you'll see the following topics:
Domain: Here, you select the domain on which you wish to install Wordpress.
Directory: If you don't want to install Wordpress on the main domain, but in a folder, such as mydomainname.uk/blog, please enter blog. If you wish to install Wordpress on the main domain, please leave this field empty. We recommend choosing the latest version, since it is the most recent.
Language: Select the language of your Wordpress installation.
You can also configure automatic updates of Wordpress here. We recommend updating your installation frequently for security updates. If you wish to have these updates performed automatically, this is the place to configure that.
Here you can configure the login details of the Wordpress admin among other things. We advise against using 'admin' for a user name. The reason for this is that admin is a very standard user name, which is easy to guess for attackers. In addition, you must set a very strong password. Preferably click the 'generate' button to have a strong password generated.
You can leave these settings at ‘Automatically manage advanced settings for me’ unless you are an experienced user and require specific settings.
7. Click ‘Install’ and the installation will be performed.
8. The installation is completed and the application is shown in the 'My Applications' overview. By clicking your domain name, the website will be opened, and by clicking the wp-admin link, the Wordpress admin page is opened.