1. David Member

Simple way to setup hosting + Wordpress?

Topic posted on: 20-02-2017 at 17:43

Hi,

I'm a web designer and not very technical but as I get asked a lot to setup hosting I thought it made sense to buy a reseller package - otherwise I'm just making money for GoDaddy. However, not being very tech minded, I'm finding it a struggle to set up users with this simple requirement:
    - add standard hosting to a domain name that I've bought on Versio
    - create a Wordpress installation within that hosting so I can create a Wordpress site

This is something I'll want to do again and again - I don't really need to be able to do anything else, I'm unlikely to need to configure anything else, so I need it to be as simple as possible.

For example, if I'm logged in as a reseller level I can't see anywhere to add a Wordpress package, and if I switch to the user level, I can't see anywhere to select the relevant user even though the Wordpress install option is there.

Is there any guide to how to do just these simple things without having to go through all the videos and other help stuff?

thanks,
    David

2. Reshad Member
    Reply posted on: 03-03-2017 at 15:40

Hi David,

> - add standard hosting to a domain name that I've bought on Versio

Please see https://www.versio.uk/articles/156-how-do-i-link-a-domain-name-to-a-webhosting-or-reseller-hosting-account

> - create a Wordpress installation within that hosting so I can create a Wordpress site

You can use Installatron or Softaculous on user level to install Wordpress.

Simply create a user on reseller level and log into that user from the 'List users' button on reseller level.

Was this reply useful to you?