1. Paul Member

Support for a VPS Package

Topic posted on: 22-03-2019 at 12:51

I'm a little confused over the level of support offered to clients who have the VPS package. Up to recently the support I have received has been really good. I didn't take out a support contract as it seemed expensive for the additional services offered. However a few months ago I received a message that I needed a support contract so I took one out for a couple of months and I didn't notice any sort of additional service.

Recently I have had email and SSL issues. The SSL issue has resulted in me paying twice fo a certificate but it still fails the Google test. As for email. I have an account that suddenly (no change from me) stopped working with my my MacBook Pro but would with the iPhone. The error talks about ports not responding.

I raised the issue and was that I needed to take out a three month support contract before It would be looked at.

Sarcastically I did suggest I could come to the data centre and swap out the blade. After working for 30 years in IT I know that systems do not just stop working unless their are environmental conditions or a part failure. The first thing I always looked for was one thing - What Has Changed? I consider this to be standard system support not an "added extra"

So you can see my confusion. With the Support Package included it makes Versio's price for a VPN one of the most expensive on the market. I have looked at the help system which is sparse. the forums is even more sparse. Where do I go next

2. Paul Member
    Reply posted on: 04-10-2021 at 13:04

I had / have the same issue. When I took out my VPS I got support, by email but it was good. You even had a Helpdesk ticketing system. All of a sudden it stopped, One of the replies came back with the response that it was assumed that I had purchased a VPS I must have the knowledge to do things myself, unless of I paid for the Support Package and paid 3 months in advance.

I'm not really sure what happened. Did Versio get taken over?

Was this reply useful to you?