1. Mark Member

Email not received via Catchall

Topic posted on: 18-12-2017 at 22:33

Hi
    Currently using catchall to direct all email sent to domain to a specific gmail address, however one person attempting to email me is getting a mailer-daemon response as per below.

Steps:
    - "user" sends email to mark@etherianeyes.me.uk
    - catchall on etherianeyes.me.uk (versio/directadmin) redirects the email to etherianeyes@gmail.com
    - email arrives at etherianeyes@gmail.com

Works fine when "user" is any of a number of email addresses I can test with, but a specific user - victoriaclairepearson@gmail.com instead gets the bounceback below, any advice?

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
    recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

etherianeyes@gmail.com
    (generated from mark@etherianeyes.me.uk)
    host s01.spamexperts.axc.nl [185.182.56.9]
    SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<SRS0=/j/z18=DO=gmail.com=victoriaclairepearson@etherianeyes.me.uk> SIZE=4088:
    550-Verification failed for <SRS0=/j/z18=DO=gmail.com=victoriaclairepearson@etherianeyes.me.uk>
    550-Previous (cached) callout verification failure
    550 Invalid sender <SRS0=/j/z18=DO=gmail.com=victoriaclairepearson@etherianeyes.me.uk>

Action: failed
    Final-Recipient: rfc822;etherianeyes@gmail.com
    Remote-MTA: dns; s01.spamexperts.axc.nl
    Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550-Verification failed for <SRS0=/j/z18=DO=gmail.com=victoriaclairepearson@etherianeyes.me.uk>
    550-Previous (cached) callout verification failure
    550 Invalid sender <SRS0=/j/z18=DO=gmail.com=victoriaclairepearson@etherianeyes.me.uk>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    From: Victoria Claire Pearson <victoriaclairepearson@gmail.com>
    To: mark@etherianeyes.me.uk
    Cc:
    Bcc:
    Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 21:29:49 +0000
    Subject: test m
    test m

2. Maurice Versio staff
    Reply posted on: 18-12-2017 at 22:54

Versio uses the advanced anti-spam solutions of SpamExperts on web hosting and reseller hosting servers. E-mails that are sent from these servers are checked for spam via extensive algorithms. One of the things that are checked when sending e-mails is whether the e-mail address from which the e-mail is sent does exist. The e-mail address with which you mail must first be created in DirectAdmin. victoriaclairepearson@etherianeyes.me.uk isn't created for the domain so that's why the emails fail.

Was this reply useful to you?

3. Mark Member
    Reply posted on: 20-12-2017 at 22:10

A lot of the time I use different things in front of the @ sign of my domains in order to use different 'email addresses' to register for various services and websites but have all the emails come to the same place.

If that isn't possible then I'm in the wrong place and will have to find alternative hosting. I certainly had no such issues at my previous supplier, this appears to be a very constrictive limitation!

4. Mark Member
    Reply posted on: 20-12-2017 at 22:13

Actually your reply doesn't make any sense, since I'm talking about emails sent from a gmail server INTO a Versio server, not sent from a Versio server as per your reply.

5. Maurice Versio staff
    Reply posted on: 21-12-2017 at 21:21

You are talking about a forwarder and the e-mail address: mark@etherianeyes.me.uk

The e-mail address mark@etherianeyes.me.uk has not been created in your hosting package, nor is this a forwarder created.

Also, no forwarder has been created to etherianeyes@gmail.com